Lancaster Wrongful Death Lawyer
The abrupt loss of a family member due to another’s negligence can be emotionally heart-wrenching as well as financially devastating. Often, families find themselves without a loved one who was the primary wage earner, the children’s primary caregiver or the person who managed the household, or simply a beloved and cherished family member taken far too soon before their time. The financial and emotional devastation experienced are both legal harms that can be compensated under the law, providing desperately needed financial help as well as justice for the wrongful act. Trevino Law Firm provides both legal expertise and emotional support to help you through this difficult time and give you the resources you need to move forward in spite of the harm that has been inflicted on your family. Contact our experienced Lancaster wrongful death lawyer today. Our firm is committed to offering personal attention with skill and compassion to get results that meet your needs.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death in California?
As set out in California law, wrongful death is defined as a fatality resulting from the careless or intentional actions of another individual or entity. This could include car, truck or motorcycle accidents, falls or assaults on dangerously unsafe premises, vicious animal attacks, and more. The surviving family can file a claim to seek financial reparations and hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence or intentional misconduct.
Eligibility Criteria for Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Lancaster, California
California law sets out who can file a wrongful death legal action. Eligible parties include different classes of family members in the following order of priority:
- Surviving Spouses or Domestic Partners
- Children of the deceased, or grandchildren if the children are no longer living
- Parents, if the deceased had no direct descendants
- Siblings and other members of the family, along with others who were dependents of the deceased
Financial Repercussions of Wrongful Death: What Can You Claim?
Victims in California are entitled to various forms of compensation, including economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages may encompass medical costs, funeral and burial expenses, and income loss. The loss of other benefits, including the value of lost household services, can also be included. Non-economic damages could cover emotional distress and the loss of companionship, as well as the loss of guidance of a parent to a child, or the loss of intimacy between spouses or partners. In some cases, the imposition of punitive damages is appropriate as well.
Why Trust Trevino Law Firm for Your Legal Needs?
Success in a wrongful death case requires being able to prove that another party’s negligence or wrongful conduct caused the death of a family member and proving the damage this loss has caused in financial terms. This requires building and presenting a strong case based on the law and facts, whether negotiating a settlement with the insurance company or taking them to court. Trevino Law Firm offers distinct advantages to support you as we work on your claim:
- Local Presence in Lancaster – Our firm’s roots in the Lancaster community give us a distinct edge in cases here. Our local involvement and outreach programs ensure that we are not just attorneys but also members of the community we serve.
- Expertise in the Law With a Personal Touch – At Trevino Law Firm, you’re more than a file number. Darlene Trevino’s humane approach to legal practice ensures that each client feels seen, heard, and supported throughout the process.
- Bilingual Legal Support – Understanding that Lancaster is home to a diverse populace, our staff offers fluent services in both English and Spanish. This allows us to assist a broader range of residents effectively.
- A History of Favorable Outcomes – Our attention to detail and dedication to each case have resulted in a strong record of achieving favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Contact Trevino Law Firm Today
Trevino Law Firm is proud to be a woman-owned law firm deeply involved in the Lancaster community. Our firm’s focus is always on providing customized, attentive legal service to each client. With our history of successful negotiations with insurance companies and opposing counsel, you can trust us to work diligently to obtain the most favorable outcome for your case.
If you’ve lost a loved one due to another’s negligent actions and need legal support in Lancaster, California, reach out to Trevino Law Firm for a free consultation and immediate assistance. Our Lancaster wrongful death attorneys will stand beside you, offering both legal guidance and emotional support, as you go through this difficult period.