Palmdale Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
California sees well over 10,000 motorcycle accidents every year, with injury or death resulting almost every time. Nearly a third of those crashes happen in Los Angeles County. Sadly, motorcycle crashes are a tragic yet not uncommon occurrence on the roads and highways of Palmdale and the Antelope Valley. The aftermath can be devastating, involving severe injuries, costly medical expenses, and lasting emotional trauma. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in the Antelope Valley, Trevino Law Firm can help you hold the party responsible for the crash accountable to you, ensuring you get the care and compensation you need and deserve. Contact our experienced Palmdale motorcycle accident lawyer today.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Palmdale
The number of motor vehicles and motorcycles registered in California continues to increase every year, as does the number of motorcycle accidents, unfortunately. By most accounts, California has more registered motorcycles than any other state, but even here motorcycles make up only about 2.5% of all motor vehicle registrations. The effect of this disparity is that most drivers are situationally unaware of the presence of motorcycles on the road, which are already harder to spot due to their smaller size and the fact that they can come up very quickly into view.
Drivers who fail to notice motorcycles in their midst and drive safely around them are liable to cause a serious accident. Common examples of driver negligence leading to a motorcycle crash include:
- Drivers turning left when a motorcycle is coming toward them from the opposite direction
- Following a motorcycle too close, tailgating, or bumping the bike from behind
- Squeezing a motorcyclist out of their lane, forcing them off the road
- Unsafe lane changes around motorcycles
- Failing to signal a turn or lane change in front of a motorcycle
- Failing to check blind spots before changing lanes when a motorcycle is coming up from behind
- Distracted driving and failing to spot a motorcycle on the road
Immediate Steps to Take Following a Motorcycle Accident
If you find yourself in a motorcycle accident, taking the following steps can help promote your healing and put you in the best position for a positive result regarding any insurance claim you may have:
- Check for Injuries: Assess your condition and that of others involved.
- Call for Help: Dial 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance.
- Document the Scene: Use your phone to take photographs of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and any visible injuries.
- Gather Information: Obtain contact and insurance information from other parties involved in the accident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel fine, it’s crucial to have a medical evaluation to rule out internal or latent injuries.
At Trevino Law Firm, we understand the severity of motorcycle accidents, and we recognize that you might not be able to take all of those steps if you were seriously injured. Regardless, we’ll do all we can to gather the information necessary to build a strong case that proves the other driver’s fault and secures a full and fair amount of compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Trevino Law Firm for Your Palmdale Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Darlene Trevino and her team know that a motorcycle accident can be a life-altering event. We approach every client with empathy and compassion and a commitment to providing personalized attention. Here, you’re not a case number; you’re a person deserving of respect and dignity.
We take the time and apply our years of experience and expertise to build a strong case that proves your damages and the other party’s liability to you, with the aim of negotiating a fair and favorable settlement with the insurance company and their attorneys. We look for a result that fully compensates you for your medical expenses, lost wages, emotional suffering, and other legal damages.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Palmdale, don’t leave your future to chance. Call Trevino Law Firm today at 661-526-5012 for a free consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident, your injuries, and your prospects for a settlement. We’ll walk you through the entire legal process, so you know what to expect at every stage. At Trevino Law Firm, you’ll find not just an experienced and successful Palmdale motorcycle accident attorney, but a compassionate advocate ready to fight for your rights.